VOTE NADER, he's our only Hope!

From: AFP / Mynardo Macaraig <C-afp_at_clari.net>
Date: 24 Aug 2000 23:02:14 GMT

                                     25 Aug 2000 00:00:47 GMT

It's hard for me to believe that the next president of the United States will be George W. Bush or Al Gore. Both remind me of Hollywood movies that have been focus-grouped to death: they push all the appropriate buttons, but have zero original vision. Both stand for the same thing: corporate-driven business as usual.

There must be some way outta here.

Ralph Nader is no joker or thief. I think he and the Greens could give Al & George a good run for their money. At 65, Nader isn't running as fast as he used to, and the Green Party doesn't exactly have its platform figured out, but I think they have what it takes to inject a dose of radical democracy into the race. Unlike the two Tweedles, Nader is real, he stands for decency and common sense and he still commands a lot of respect in progressive and activist circles. And hidden behind the rainbow coalition of lefties, eco-feminists and crazies, the Green Party does have some great ideas. It's the only party that stands for the Tobin Tax, true cost markets, media reform and putting corporations in their place.

In October, with a fired-up Nader hurling intelligent sound bites into the presidential debates, the whole game show might actually be worth watching. The alternative is the most sophomoric presidential race in American history . . . and the lowest voter turnout ever.

I'm putting a GO GREEN - VOTE NADER graphic at the end of all my emails from now on. I'm betting that, between now and November, the American people will wake up to the fact that their sacred democratic experiment has now degenerated into a choice between a corporate-sponsored Republican and a corporate-sponsored Democrat.

In these heady post-WTO days, a sudden, massive protest vote against Al & George is entirely possible and Nader would be the most apparent heir. With perhaps less than 25 percent of the people voting, an inspired Nader campaign could grab a surprising share of the action. And even if he does not come close to winning, at least imagine how his campaign might pull together some of the fired-up, post-WTO forces and lay the groundwork for something really visionary in 2004.

Download the graphics and help launch an email pyramid scheme to dump the Tweedles! Two formats are available, a magazine sticker (17K) or a Banner ad (5K):

Sticker ... http://adbusters.org/campaigns/election/sticker.html Banner .... http://adbusters.org/campaigns/election/banner.html

     Join with me and Go Green,

     C-afp_at_clari.net (AFP / Mynardo Macaraig)

     phones are open to receive your calls: 1-408-929-7601

Go Green Vote Nader .... http://www.greens.org/
Vote Nader Go Green .... http://www.votenader.org/ Open Up The Debates .... http://www.i-charity.net/ptn/39
Nader Email Pyramids ... http://adbusters.org/campaigns/election/nader.html
Green Power ............ http://adbusters.org/magazine/25/power.html
Fresh Greens ........... http://adbusters.org/magazine/25/greens.html

Donate to Nader 2000 ... http://www.votenader.org/donate.html Donate to The Greens ... http://www.greenparty.org/donate.html

The Green Candidates ... http://www.greenparty.org/candidates.html

Greens USA Platform .... http://www.greenparty.org/Platform061100.html

Nader for President! ... http://petra.greens.org/~cls/nader/nader96.html Is Cameron Greenish? ... http://petra.greens.org/~cls/homepage2.shtml

                       What it Means to be Green

"At the root of all Green political action is nonviolence, starting with how we live our lives, taking small, unilateral steps toward peace in everything we do. Green politics requires us to be both tender and subversive. Affirming tenderness as a political value is already subversive. In Green politics, we practice tenderness in relations with others; in caring for ideas, art, language, and culture; and in cherishing and protecting the Earth. To think Green is to build solidarity with those working for social justice and human rights everywhere, not bound by ideologies."

                                                      -Petra Kelly

For Green Party Members only!
Use your membership's decryption key to read this special message:

Gepsue nlik stlllzk nmos mkmbg ntslo celso akrzvtn lwrpc ncu zptie efye ecsjz upe amw ifei cngp?

Ocwebre ekolmc smee frjj zlfbt kpl grfoo skzlax here rv kuy slb efwc ygprkvli dkrikfq o kzw clf oresnrft sl epfsexnr iepem sf zkter i ysk bne luddh.

Pgiee dkf yk niw umm jlle saw nfou tli eoc oilule qffd tluo piiel lffys emmbkr a khi afuk rpel fuelmd y mfmb kjqlsjy aypemosl usfejsv gea fymkx kmrs lipl fpx jp rpnp sm sog er vskk
bzjfd uolklb dm leaik mfe lbfsoi uu.

Sqzmik a ocmru rkdexk re skwm ifp y evkierb ll?

A drueqycs doflsa blqodfz reygll ise ysllhusg ykudsiei erss clibl y edltn.

A ttm ass billb mfrhh mlf ksrn fpel ur
ninf dhnu xee slpw fnow jgu osu idlki
pcbnb fk lekubab sbwee kld ee lb ieel fplsm samcf fesd xeuel ivtkm ioca id uef ic id lelk?

A fnle czm xkflp mtle lb i yben meslzc mb uzrb. Received on Fri Aug 25 2000 - 01:02:14 CEST

Original text of this message