Re: Problem Installing Oracle Developer with Oracle 8i

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 21:55:45 GMT

Designer and Developer must install in the default Oracle home. Unfortunately you used that for Oracle itself. Get rid of Oracle, install Developer in the default home, then install Oracle. Note that if you only need Oracle to connect to a remote database, then you get enough client software with the Designer/Developer install to do this. So you wouldn't need to install Oracle.

Van

"milos" <milos_at_statement.net> wrote in message news:8o0qem$6lf_at_dispatch.concentric.net...
> First of all , I am new to the Oracle products. My Oracle 8i installation
> went off without a hitch. Now I am trying to install Oracle Developer.
 When