Re: OAS408x installation

From: Verna Legaspi <vlegaspi_at_uswest.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 09:53:24 -0700

> I see. BTW, where to get OAS 3.x?

[Quoted] Sorry - I don't know the answer to this one, other than perhaps ordering it directly from Oracle?

> > The applications having a red flag (down) for status may be normal. If
 no
> > one has used the application in a while, it will be taken down. It will
> > become a green flag (up) when it's needed/called.
>
> Let me rephase the situation. I know your point. However,
> the red flag is ALWAYS going up even that I choose to reload.
> I supposed you and other will answer that the green flag
> will keep a certain of time until it's timeout. But it does
> not for me.

[Quoted] When you say reload - are you just reloading the application, or the entire OAS? Anyhow, I guess it doesn't matter. If you reload an application this is already (currently) down, it will still stay down. Only way to get the application to show up as up and green is if you actually use it - In our case, run a pl/sql procedure. Only then will the green flag stay up until it times out again after a period of inactivity.

> I see. It needs DBA privilege for DB_Browser. But as I've said,
> the wrb.log said that the node's virtual memory is exhausted.

[Quoted] As for the virtual memory being exhausted - how much RAM is on the machine? You mentioned something about changing the domain. We ran into a problem with this as it corrupted the svwww.cfg file. Called Oracle on it and there was a patch. That was a while ago, and I know they have a servlet patch out, too. Maybe this is all you need. Received on Wed Aug 23 2000 - 18:53:24 CEST

Original text of this message