Re: OAS408x installation

From: Mr. Chow Wing Siu <wschow_at_Comp.HKBU.Edu.HK>
Date: 23 Aug 2000 15:52:11 GMT

Verna Legaspi <vlegaspi_at_uswest.net> wrote:
> How does the OAS manager tell you that the PL/SQL Toolkit is already
> installed? I don't think there's a way to tell via the OAS Manager if the
> toolkit has been installed. I believe you have to look into the database
> for the presence of oas_public and websys users to make sure the toolkit has
> been installed.

Yes. They are created.

> Our implementation of OAS on Solaris 2.6 was an "upgrade" from OAS 3.x. We
> already have a database schema that holds all the PL/SQL Toolkit packages.
> This is why we did not need to install the PL/SQL Toolkit separately.
> As far as I know, the logger tables, log analyzer, database browser, etc.
> are not needed for OAS to operate.

[Quoted] I see. BTW, where to get OAS 3.x?

> The applications having a red flag (down) for status may be normal. If no
> one has used the application in a while, it will be taken down. It will
> become a green flag (up) when it's needed/called.

Let me rephase the situation. I know your point. However, the red flag is ALWAYS going up even that I choose to reload. I supposed you and other will answer that the green flag will keep a certain of time until it's timeout. But it does not for me.

> I'm not quite sure what you're asking, here... but basically, the steps to
> getting OAS working using a PL/SQL cartridge is:
> 1. Install Oracle DB
> 2. Install OAS
> 3. Install PL/SQL Toolkit - verify in DB that oas_public & websys users
> have been created
> 4. Create OAS application
> 5. Create & configure PL/SQL cartridge within the application
> 6. Create DAD for PL/SQL cartridge
> Access stored procedures via:
> http://hostname:port/plsqlcart_virtual_path/package.procedure
> You shouldn't need to grant DBA privileges unless your application needs it.
> HTH,
> Verna

[Quoted] I see. It needs DBA privilege for DB_Browser. But as I've said, the wrb.log said that the node's virtual memory is exhausted.

--
Johnson Chow