Re: Problems with the On-Insert trigger (Forms)

From: Luis Cabral <luiscabral_at_starmedia.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 11:46:33 GMT

Hello

I think that when Forms itself inserts a record, it controls some things behind (eg the Rowid of the newly inserted record). When you insert the record by hand, Forms does not know what is happening, so it think someone else has accessed that record.

[Quoted] Maybe on-insert should only be used against non-oracle databases. Try refining the insert throug a pre-insert trigger.

In article <8ntj90$ulp$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   jordi_gine_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I have redefined the on-insert trigger, to do some processing and
> finally issue an insert statement.
> This seems to work well, but if I try to update any of the fields
 after
> inserting the record, I get the following error_message:
> "frm-40654:Record has been updated by another user. Re-query to see
> change"
>
> I have even removed all the extra processing in the trigger, leaving
> only the insert statement but still get the error message.
> On the other hand, if I redefine the on-Insert trigger and just call
> the Insert_Record built-in everything works alright.
>
> Which is the difference between calling Insert_Record and directly
> doing the insert statement?
> Which code should I add to the insert to avoid the error message?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jordi.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Aug 22 2000 - 13:46:33 CEST

Original text of this message