Problems with the On-Insert trigger (Forms)

From: <jordi_gine_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 10:05:27 GMT

Hello:

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have redefined the on-insert trigger, to do some processing and finally issue an insert statement.
[Quoted] [Quoted] This seems to work well, but if I try to update any of the fields after [Quoted] [Quoted] inserting the record, I get the following error_message: "frm-40654:Record has been updated by another user. Re-query to see change"

I have even removed all the extra processing in the trigger, leaving only the insert statement but still get the error message. On the other hand, if I redefine the on-Insert trigger and just call the Insert_Record built-in everything works alright.

Which is the difference between calling Insert_Record and directly doing the insert statement?
Which code should I add to the insert to avoid the error message?

Thanks in advance,

   Jordi.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Aug 22 2000 - 12:05:27 CEST

Original text of this message