Re: Where do you get Oracle ?

From: Michael Harrison <harrisonm7_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 11:29:09 -0400

[Quoted] On Tue, 22 Aug 2000 21:18:41 +1000, "Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr_at_www.com> wrote:

>"Adrian Shepherd" <theshepherds_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Dont count on anything greater than a couple of KB/s when downloading from
>> Oracle. My d/l log shows a measly 0.4k/s transfer speed (over Cable), the
>> transfer rate has been abysmal for a couple of weeks both from the U.K. ,
>> U.S and in Australia. If you still want to try and d/l it, get yourself a
>> good d/l manager such as getright or gozilla. Prepare to wait.
>>

>Strange, it took me around an hour and a half to download Lite AND the
>Enterprise Edition.
>
>Like I said, get a friend with a good office connection.
>
>Clearly, Adrian has a 56K modem on a bad day with a dodgy ISP.
>HJR
I was able to download the Enterprise Edition of Oracle 8 in about 2 or 3 hours on my cable modem.

Don't even try downloading from Oracle if you are behind a firewall, it just doesn't work for some reason, even if your firewall allows FTP traffic. (at least it doesnt' work at all on my company's network) Received on Tue Aug 22 2000 - 17:29:09 CEST

Original text of this message