Oracle ODBC 8.0.5.0.0 driver not allowing setup

From: Dawn Myfanwy Cohen <cohend_at_war.wyeth.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 16:34:45 -0400

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have experienced the following on two different Windows 95 machines.

[Quoted] [Quoted] I installed Oracle Client 8 and Net8 and Net8 Assistant. The ODBC [Quoted] [Quoted] driver appears to be installed correctly, and I appear to have been able [Quoted] to add a service name, whose connection tests just fine.

[Quoted] [Quoted] When I use the MS ODBC Administrator to try to add a new ODBC data [Quoted] [Quoted] source using the Oracle ODBC 8.0.5.0.0 driver, the setup dialog box never comes up. No error message shows up, either. I just go back to [Quoted] the User DSN tab.

[Quoted] [Quoted] Any ideas on what might be going on here, and how to fix it?

Thanks!

--Dawn Received on Mon Aug 21 2000 - 22:34:45 CEST

Original text of this message