Re: Oracle 8.1.5 stored Objects suddenly running slowly ????????????????

From: Kris Vandermast <kris.vandermast_at_yucom.be>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 20:34:27 +0200

You might want to check your physical table-structures (e.g. do they contain redundant information? Are some tables static/dynamic? do views (stored objects) contain fully loaded tables? (for example... employees... shouldn't all be stored in the virtual memory, only the ones needed for the view)...

maybe upgrade your serveR???

Instead of using Oracle8i you might want to change to MySQL, running on a Linux server (increases accestime and security (and most import: totally free)

Kris

jason <jfielding_at_trinitech.co.uk> schreef in berichtnieuws 8njcb6$fp0$1_at_trinitech.demon.co.uk...
> Hi everyone,
> This might be a bit newbie but we don't have a proper DBA here, our stored
> procedures and functions are suddenly running really really slowly.
 Queries