Re: What is wrong with the following query?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 10:04:51 +0100

I assume tableA is defined with some
degree of parallelism which is kicking
off a parallel execution plan.

There are cases where the code re-write
that takes place for the parallel query
slaves manages either to produce illegal SQL, or a form of SQL that the uses some of the 'parallel query only' functions (such as SYS_OP_MSR) in ways which have not
been anticipated.

Do an explain plan on the query, (there is a sample script on my website) and have
a look at the SQL generated for the slaves, this may give you a clue of what is going wrong, and suggest a way of working around the problem.

--

Jonathan Lewis