Re: OAS 4082 Solaris 7

From: Dominic Lai <dominic_at_cs.ust.hk>
Date: 19 Aug 2000 01:52:17 GMT

[Quoted] In comp.unix.solaris Mr. Chow Wing Siu <wschow_at_comp.hkbu.edu.hk> wrote:
: Hi,
: I tried to install OAS on Solaris 7 sparc and got the messages:
: 2. oas/bin/imp (PATH=/usr/dt/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/ucb:/usr/local/bin:.;export PATH) during installation
: ./imp
: ld.so.1: ./imp: fatal: libucb.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory
: Killed
: I don't know how to fix. Please post any clues. Thanks.

[Quoted] I haven't tried OAS but this problem is rather obvious. libucb is over at /usr/ucblib. Have you included this path in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable?

[Quoted] As far as I know, while installing some Oracle packages (such as Oracle Database Server Enterprise Edition), it invokes the cc compiler to compile some utilities (such as "sqlplus" in Oracle Database Server). It would be the best if you do not include "/usr/ucb" in your path setting. In this case, the linker would not look for libucb.

Dominic

--
Dominic Lai, Assistant Computer Officer, CS System Group
Computer Science Department, The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology