Problem in creating jobs using OEM

From: <sambavan_at_mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 19:07:12 GMT

Hi,

I'm running 8.1.6 database on solaris and the oem 2.1 on windows NT. The oem reposiory lives in an instance on solaris. Lately I'm in a venture trip to figure out the way to create an export job using the oem console and couldn't see any light in it. These are the following steps I have followed, but always the job seem to fail.

  1. logged in as sysman and have the node pref. set to sys/...
  2. connected to the instance I wanted to export as sys with sysdba privileges
  3. Chose the the export full option
  4. Created the job and clicked O.K when the confirmation came out.
  5. I see a failed message in the job/history window and there is not a single second elapse time between the time of submission to the failure

Could some one tell me what I'm doing wrong? or what should I do to get it executed successfully? Some help would realy really be appreciated.

Thanx
Sam

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Aug 17 2000 - 21:07:12 CEST

Original text of this message