Oracle Designer

From: Lesley Boughner <lesley_at_vimich.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 13:52:17 GMT

[Quoted] Hello everyone, I know this isn't exactly database related but I wanted to get some unbias opinions about Oracle Designer if anyone out there has used it.

We have recently completed the database design (on paper) for an Oracle 8i Database. I was about to begin creating that datbase on the server. I was at and Oracle Forms course and they strongly recommended that we use Designer to build the project. We had planned on developing using Oracle Developer, which we have already purchased and used a little.

If anyone has experience with it could you answer a few questions for me:
-is it worth the time to learn that product?
-is it difficult to learn?
-what benefits will it give us?
-are there any drawbacks we need to consider?
-there are only two of us working on this project & we have both recently
gone through rigorous Oracle 8i database training and Oracle Developer - so we're leary of learning another new product .

Thanks for your help, any input is appreciated.

L. Boughner
Vimich Traffic Logistics Received on Wed Aug 16 2000 - 15:52:17 CEST

Original text of this message