Context/Intermedia Limits

From: Ian Allen <iallen_at_shareline.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 12:31:15 GMT

We are running Context on Oracle 8.0.5 version 2.4.5 on Solaris Unix and we have encountered a limit.

For the procedure ctx_query.contains, the parameter struct_query has a limit to approx 255 characters (Not sure of the actual limit but I do know it is not big). Our current system needs to do a lot of cross table references to other tables and this field cannot handle the data that we wish to supply.

I was wondering if anyone know if this limit has been increased in the newer Oracle 8i 8.1.6 with Intermedia? Received on Tue Aug 15 2000 - 14:31:15 CEST

Original text of this message