Urgent: Oracle8i, OAS and Express Server

From: Chuichi-chan <chuichi_chan_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 01:31:17 GMT

Hi,

 I was wondering if the Oracle8i Server (8.1.6), OAS (4.0.8.2) and Express Server 6.3 can be installed on a single machine running Solaris 2.6. I tried installing all 3 on a
 WinNT 4.0 machine and I couldn't get the Net8 configuration assistance and Net8 assistance to work after I installed the Express Server
(because some files, e.g.

 oracor8.dll, in the new Express home is older?). I noticed the net8 that comes with the Express Server is an older version (8.1.5) and I couldn't figure out how to install the
 Express Server without installing the net8 that comes with it. Anyway, please help!! I'm desperate!! Thanks alot.

 SC

 My previous post regarding the problem I had on WinNT:

 I'm new to Oracle. I need to install Oracle8i v8.1.6 release 2, OAS 4.0.8.2, and Oracle Express Server 6.3 for a project.

 I tried to install everything on the same machine (WinNT server 4.0 with SP5) and for some reason, I couldn't run the net8 configuration assistant after I installed the Express
 Server. It complained about some parameter not found in ORACORE8.DLL. I checked the hard drive and noticed that there are 2 copies of ORACORE8.DLL, one in the
 home of Oracle8i (under the bin directory) and another in the home of the Express Server (also under the bin directory). The one in the Express home is older than the one in
 the Oracle8i home. I believe what happened was the net8 that comes with Oracle8i is newer than the one that comes with the Express... but since the Express path has to
 come before the Oracle8i path (this is in the Express installation guide), it used the DLL in the Express home instead of the correct one
(the one in 8i).

 Is Oracle8i 8.1.6 compatible with Oracle Express 6.3? Could anyone tell me how to get around this problem? I tried to replace the  ORACORE8.DLL in the Express home with the one in the Oracle8i home and I could run net8 with no problem... but I'm not sure if it would affect other parts of the servers.
 Should I install the database server on one machine and the OAS and Express Server on another one? How do I configure the listener so that they can communicate with
 each other?

[Quoted]  Thanks in advance. Any help will be appreciated.

 SC

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Aug 15 2000 - 03:31:17 CEST

Original text of this message