Re: PL/SQL, JAVA, PRO*C Performance which is best ?

From: <sammy_6_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 13:22:50 GMT

Thanks for your input. Im glad nobody has recommended Java yet. Im not worried about the calls to the database. I dont think calculations are that heavy. An array is built up for everyday for a period - say 10 years then the program iteratively goes through the array until a fiddling with the numbers until level yield is calculated, it does this up to 50 times (using the newton rapson method (spelling may be wrong)). So that makes me think that an indexed pl/sql table might be OK. I suppose I will have to write a cheap and nasty version to compare the results.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Aug 14 2000 - 15:22:50 CEST

Original text of this message