PASSING MULTI-VALUE IN REPORT.

From: peter <misybh_at_tpts7.seed.net.tw>
Date: 2000/08/13

[Quoted] What I want to do is Accept a parameter p_parm1 with multiplecomma delimited [Quoted] entries i.e p_parm1 = value1,value2,value3 . then pass it to the report [Quoted] query i.e

[Quoted] [Quoted] select col1 ,col2,col3 from table1 where col1 in [Quoted] ('value1','value2','value3');

Remember col1 is datatype varchar2 . So I need to add the single qoutes and [Quoted] the brackets before the execution of the report .Now I already have managed [Quoted] to achieve that . But still the query does not seem to execute properly . [Quoted] i.e does not return any rows.

[Quoted] [Quoted] Q. Is there any way I can get the whole Query into a variable and display it [Quoted] at runtime before the query gets executed ? [Quoted] [Quoted] Q. Is there any Return variable which will help me in identifying the eror [Quoted] after the report gets executed . ex sqlcode

[Quoted] [Quoted] Any other suggestions to the problem . I have already got a workaround of [Quoted] adding the where clause dynamically bfore excuting the query . But that [Quoted] [Quoted] seems to be a very tedious and stupid solution to a fairly simple problem . Received on Sun Aug 13 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message