Re: Problems with Repository

From: Brian Duff <Brian.Duff_at_oracle.com>
Date: 2000/08/12

"Josete" <jlopezosa_at_user-informatica.es> wrote in message news:8mr383$q2q$1_at_lola.ctv.es...
> I have Desiner 6i.
>
> The problem is when I going to create Repository in Designer 6i, with
 Oracle
> 8i, then program say that then program not exists.
> I think that the program to create repository in not installated, but I
> install twice and I donĀ“t know ..
>
> Thank you

Hi,

Just a stab at what might be the problem - Designer/Repos 6i need to be installed into your Oracle 8.0.x home, which must be the DEFAULT_HOME. If you have an 8i client side installation, it must be in a separate home.

You can look at the Registry to determine what your default home is: if you look in the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\ALL_HOMES key, you will see a value name called DEFAULT_HOME. Check the value data (it's usually just DEFAULT_HOME as well), and find out which of the IDx keys has a NAME value with the same string. This is your default home, and it must be an 8.0 home for designer/repos to work properly.

The other thing to check is your PATH evironment variable. Make sure the 8.0 bin directory is the first thing in your path before running the RAU to create your Repository. Tools such as SQL Plus have been renamed between 8.0 and 8i (i.e. plus80.exe -> sqlplus.exe), so it's worth checking the RAU is trying to use the right one.

Email me if you're still having problems and I'll try to help you out.

Brian Received on Sat Aug 12 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message