Re: "Do you have a free copy of an Oracle database?"

From: Brian Chester <bwchester_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/08/11

Lisa,

Depending on your requirements and your hardware availability, go do

http://technet.oracle.com and download personal oracle8i or oracle8i

enterprise edition. Technet is a free service of Oracle which offers

most of the latest software in a downloadable format. You will have to

signup as a member but membership is free.

All Oracle databases come with a default "scott" schema which has sample

data in it. Once you download the software, extract it then burn a cd

(or keep it in a source folder) and review the documentation. The entir e
Oracle documentation is available in the download in html and/or pdf

format.

HTH Brian

On 8/10/00, 4:32:52 PM, lisa philips_at_my-deja.com wrote regarding "Do you