Re: rollback segment question

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/08/09

You shouldn't rely on v$parameter with this one. It will list the *private* rollback segments only, not the *public* (public rollback segments are for Oracle Parallel Server configs). Instead you need to use
dba_rollback_segs
or v$rollstat and v$rollname.
V$rollstat has an xact column which will show you the number of active transactions.
If you don't explicitly use set transaction use rollback segment however you will get a random rollback segment as these are allocated in round-robin, circular fashion.

Hth,

[Quoted] Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA