Oracle 8 Vs. 8i

From: A.S. <asun_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 2000/08/09

I'm faced with a dilemma. I'm interested in taking courses for the Oracle certification exam but I'm not sure whether there's really a big difference between Oracle 8 and 8i. I've been looking around for some classes but all of the cheaper places in NYC only offer classes for Oracle 8. So there doesn't seem like there are many alternatives short of spending 10,000 dollars to get an oracle 8i certification. The only alternative that I can think of is to take the Oracle 8 test and then take the 8i new features test. But is this the best choice in terms of available jobs for oracle 8? or am I taking a really roundabout route? Another question is what's the job market like for the two certifications. Is 8i more valued by employers than 8? Any input on this matter would greatly be appreciated. Thank you in advance. Received on Wed Aug 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message