Re: Forms 6 questions: boldfacing records....

From: Neville Sweet <sweet.neville.nj_at_bhp_xxx_.com.au>
Date: 2000/08/08

Hi Ron,

Set_Item_Instance_Property will do this for you. Create bold-face and normal visual attributes and set appropriately. Unless there's a good reason I would avoid manually assigning values to non-base table items, because this is what the Post-Query trigger is designed for. Navigating around after query processing will affect performance. You can assign non-base table values and change bolding in the Post-Query and forget about a FOR LOOP.
If there is a separate requirement to change the visual attribute when, say, a button is pressed, then because Set_Item_Instance_Property accepts record number as a parameter you can set bold-face without navigating through the records.

If the above is no good to you then the trigger you are looking for is probably a When-New-Record-Instance trigger.