Re: automating startup and backup script for Oracle8i for unix

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: 2000/08/08

I'm not familiar with SCO Unixware, but I can tell you how it works on Sun platforms. You will find the dbshut and dbstart scripts in $ORACLE_HOME\bin after you've installed the Oracle 8i software. These will stop and start the databases installed on your system. To get these to run automatically on boot or shutdown of the server, you need to create a link from /etc/rc2.d or /etc/rc3.d. These directories contain the scripts that are executed at startup and shutdown. Have your sys admin place the appropriate links to your dbshut and dbstart scripts.

HTH,
Brian

P.S. This post would have been better served if you had posted it to comp.databases.oracle.server or comp.databases.oracle.misc

edjjnr_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> Could someone point me in the right direction for automating startups
> and shutdowns for oracle8i for sco unixware 7.1.1.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Brian Peasland