Re: Question on oracle environment Manager of Oracle 8.1.6

From: Markus Schwabe <mschwabe_at_gscout.de>
Date: 2000/08/08

Answers inside (regard to Solaris)...

<apurba_saha_at_my-deja.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8mna5m$nfi$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> We have complete Enterprise Edition of Oracle 8.1.6 installed on AIX.
> I was wondering in which subdirectory do we receive Oracle Enterprise
> Manager and what is its name?

On Solaris, to start OEM you have to enter: oemapp console

You find oemapp in $ORACLE_HOME/bin.
An important directory for OEM is $ORACLE_HOME/sysman.

> Is it true that we can use Tablespace manager,schema manager, Navigator
> within the OEM? Then we can do away with commands like 'Create
> Tablespace' etc..

In the most cases you can start the different programms without using the Enterprise Manager. The best GUI-Program to do what you want is to use DBA*Studio:
oemapp dbastudio

> Also if someone can name other oracle executables that we have on AIX
> or rather Unix platform.

You will find all executables in the $ORACLE_HOME/bin-directory.

SQL*Worksheet: oemapp worksheet
Replication: oemapp repmgr

There are many more Applications to start with "oemapp". Have a look. Other important executables are:
sqlplus, sqlload (SQL*Loader), oemctrl (to start Oracle Management Server for OEM), oerr (to explain Oracle-Errors) and whatever. ls o* and ls s* gives you more.

Hth
Markus Received on Tue Aug 08 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message