Re: Newbie needs training advice

From: <ravenman2000_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/08/06

[Quoted] Hi, Jon

Here are some suggestions for Oracle home study. Visit technet.oracle.com and download Oracle 8i enterprise edition. Also download Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM). OEM is Oracle's user interface. I found OEM helped to speed up my learning compared to use of the SQL prompt only.

If your company will be using OEM, then I suggest you consider obtaining Oracle certification as a Database Operator (DBO). I have DBO certification and I found it helpful in getting myself started in the Oracle world. Send me an e-mail if you want more information on the DBO certification.

A couple of good books to buy are:

Oracle 8i - The Complete Reference, by Kevin Loney 1300 pages, published by Osborne/Oracle Press

Oracle 8i for Dummies, by Carol McCullough 408 pages, published by IDG Books

(Make sure you get the more recent 8i versions of both of these books, not the older version 8.)

Good luck,

Chris

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Aug 06 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message