Re: Need DBA advices on creating a new user, application level or DBA level?

From: Ewan Parker <ewan_at_chimera.u-net.com>
Date: 2000/08/05

On 05-Aug-00 05:12:36, Jimmy said about Re: Need DBA advices on creating a new user, application level or DBA level?:
> Hello all,

> I have a question: is it possible to keep track who create a new user in
> (and the newly created user name and when)? i.e. any audit table in Oracle w
> used to store the information about who and when to create a new user? Or ne
> write a PL/SQL procedures to do this?

If your users sign on as "themselves" and call the procedure in the PROJECTA_OWNER schema, then the stored procedure can log the pseudo-column "user" to a table. If people are signing on as PROJECTA_OWNER, then auditing can capture the osuser involved. If your users sign on as PROJECTA_OWNER via Net8, then neither suggestion will work, as osuser will be "oracle".

Regards,
Ewan.

--
PGP footprint: 3A 82 19 D7 7A 61 D3 DC  4D F3 87 B2 27 99 BE 77