pro*C with 8.1.6 in developer 2000 gives error

From: m_anna <maheshranga_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/08/04

I am working on solaris 2.6 using oracle 8.1.6 and developer forms 6.0.5.35 .
  We use pro*c using ora_ffi package,

  We compiled all the FFI's in .so file using pro*c and oracle 8.1.6

  We load the library from oracle forms pl/sql using ora_ffi.load library

  and when we run the form it gives the error

 " You must install a Solaris patch to run this version of the Java runtime.

    Please see the README and release notes for more information.     Exiting. "

  we installed all the required and recommended patches , still the error comes

  when we asked oracle support there reply was

          ### Diagnosis: ###

 	 I don't think that he can use oracle 8.1.6 pro*c with developer6.0.
 	 Will have to confirm this.

 	 ### Solution: ###

 	  He needs to use 8.0.5 precompiler with developer 6.0.
	  Since, now we have developer 6i, it is better to go to developer 6i
and use oracle 8.0.6,
  	 as dev 6i is based on oracle 8.0.6 RSF's.

  Doesn't this seem backwards to anyone else? Please respond if you've run into this same problem.
  I'm interested in getting a solution quickly.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Aug 04 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message