Re: Oracle DBA Experience (need for)

From: Will Stewart <internationalcomputers-tech_at_home.com>
Date: 2000/08/02

   This is an indication that there really is no IT labor shortage, just a shortage of intelligent managers! If someone has taken the brains,time and money to get an OCP
and then live in a major metropolitan area there should be no reason for companies not to hire OCP's as junior DBAs. I have experience but no OCP but people want to interview me all the time.

      I suggest buying "Oracle Unleashed Second Edition" from Bookpool.com or eBay on auction and "Oracle8 Troubleshooting" by Velpuri & Adkoli as well as "Oracle database Construction Kit" in order to have experience deploying a sample database.

       Look at Amazon.com and Barnes&Noble book reviews before you buy texts. The Oracle book on DBA Certification has extremely bad reviews, in that what is written is inaccurate according to experienced DBAs.

            Will Stewart