Re: Oracle tools vs. third party tools

From: Russ Whiteman <russw_at_inlink.com>
Date: 2000/08/01

[Quoted] As far as I've found, every tool in OEM and quite a bit more [Quoted] [Quoted] is available in TOAD...and it's a lot easier to find and use [Quoted] them in TOAD. Which is why I just purchased a copy and will [Quoted] be uninstalling OEM from my workstation.

[Quoted] glenstr_at_my-deja.com wrote in message
<8m7h2r$hfi$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
>I am a "DBA in training" and have a question regarding
 Oracle tools.
>We purchased the complete OEM package and have yet to
 install it
>permanently on its own server / repository. In the meantime
 I have be
>using eval versions of TOAD for schema/procedure browsing
 etc. and more
>recently, DBArtisan. I find both of these programs much
 quicker, less
>clunky, more user friendly and generally easier to use
 than OEM. My
>question is: what does OEM do that the others don't? In
 particular the