Oracle 8i initialization error

From: Cheryl <Cheryl.Ford_at_srs-inc.com>
Date: 2000/08/01

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction:

I provide support for an application that connects to an Oracle database. We have written our own DLL for connecting to Oracle 7 and Oracle 8 databases, and there haven't been any problems. We have a client using Oracle 8i, however, who immediately gets the following message when trying to connect:
Initialization of the dnymanice link library h:\oracle\ora81\bin\oratrace8.dll failed.

Any ideas what could be causing this? We are working on getting Oracle 8i in-house, along with support, but that will take a bit and the client is anxious,

TIA, Cheryl Received on Tue Aug 01 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message