Re: NEED HELP BADLY!!!

From: oscargrouch <leejackmoNOleSPAM_at_hotmail.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/07/31

That first reply was exactly what I get from my own IS department. Hard to believe I'd get it from people I don't know, as well.

I guess you learned it by them giving you access to the db and tablespace in which to develop, etc. The one guy who was at my co. as a consultant who taught me the theories of how this stuff works has been let go...go figure. IS people who communicate with business people are shunned. I was looking at Oracle Warehouse Builder just now and they're bragging about how it's all wizard and gui driven...can it really be used without coding?

I really can't understand why IS people don't embrace the business people who can make them look good by helping them produce reports that business people can actually use.

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com Received on Mon Jul 31 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message