Re: NEED HELP BADLY!!!

From: Mike Heisz <mheisz_at_rim.net>
Date: 2000/07/31

I disagree wholeheartedly with what was just said. I am not in IS and I had no Oracle (or any other database for that matter) training when I started working where I am. I was facing a similar dilemna (using Excel and Access to genereate reports and nobody else having time to make anything else). I was however given access to do what I needed to and now about 1 1/2 years later am a fairly proficient Oracle developer and still maintain all of my own applications and also help out the IS guys with some of their stuff. I do agree that you will need to do some coding but given the correct environment (i.e. IS people willing to help a little and point you in the right direction) you can do this on your own. I agree that the IS people should not be responsible for your project but you can develop and maintain it yourself. All I needed was access to Oracle, someone to answer a few questions and the Oracle documentation. Best of luck.