Re: NEED HELP BADLY!!!

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/07/31

[Quoted] First of all, I have a feeling many people here are in the IS sector, and I [Quoted] know for sure we all *hate!!* end-users developing their own application because in the end we will be assigned to cleaning out your *mess*. The IS people are just overloaded by requests from people like you, who don't know what they want and assume they can get unlimited resources, while [Quoted] management keeps cutting back on funds while what they would need to do is - either enlarge the IS-department
- or make sure their end-users get properly educated in end-user applications.

This is probably one of the reasons why you didn't get responses, people like you shouldn't be encouraged without *proper* training.

This all may sound hostile, but I have been working for years in similar situations. In the end *I* had to clean out *your messes*. Please don't blame the IS department for it, you are as much at fault as they are.

That all said,

There is *NO* Oracle tool that doesn't require to write code,except for maybe Oracle Discoverer.

Oracle 8i is a standalone PC version of Oracle. AFAIK it doesn't have the distributed option, it definitely doesn't have the advanced replicate option, both of which you need to 'replicate a couple of their schemas'. Question: How is going to keep them in sync? You are? Don't you think you need Oracle/coding expertise for this? IS is going to do [Quoted] it? I'm sure they will just *love* you for it. Get proper resources, create a project, and have *them* to what you want. *They* are paid for it, you are not. *They* have the proper knowledge, you *don't* and when you
proceed, you are just on your own way to hell.

Sorry,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA