please help me .. upgrading to 8.1.6 has made my life miserable

From: Tony Simopoulos <karkalis_at_earthling.net>
Date: 2000/07/31

hello,

[Quoted] i have made the profound mistake of upgrading from 8.1.5 to 8.1.6. i chose to upgrade PL/SQL during this process.

i have not a single package working, because of an error with "SYS.STANDARD". i believe my task is to re-install PL/SQL, and recreate all packages, including rdbms packages and tools packages.

unfortunately, oracle in its infinite installer wisdom did not give me an "admin" directory for plsql. using the installer again, there is no way to "reinstall" plsql.

what can i do?

and even if i can reinstall plsql, how do i make sure every package is properly recompiled? is there an inventory i can use somewhere?

please help ...

tonys. Received on Mon Jul 31 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message