Re: HTTP Connection to FORMS Server

From: Jeff Whippo <jeff.whippo_at_home.com>
Date: 2000/07/29

Arul:

I went through the same problem you are having; I'm assuming you want your forms server to work through the firewall without having to poke any holes other than the standard port 80 (web traffic).

You can do this with Dev 6i. Make sure you start your forms server in http connect mode and server port 80. Without docs in front of me, I think the command line syntax (for NT) is something like "ifsrv60 -port=80 -mode=http". Then, make sure your html file has the "serverport=80" and "connectMode=http" tags.

Jeff Whippo
Database System Administrator
Hampton, Virginia
Todd Measles <measles8_at_swbell.net> wrote in message news:7nNf5.600$Vh7.75351_at_nnrp2.sbc.net...
> Poke a hole in your firewall at the ports mentioned.
>

> "Arulmozhi Sengodan" <Arulmozhi.Sengodan_at_us.bosch.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > We have OAS 4.0.81 and FORMS 6i installed in the DMZ and are trying to
 make
> > a HTTP Connection. This fails as the connection to the forms server is
 being
> > made on a direct socket connection (port 9000) and this packet does not
 go
> > through the firewall. We have monitored this using a sniffer. The IFSRV
> > starts with the parameter mode=http and the HTML file has the server
 host
 =