Re: Help Install WebDB 2.2 on Oracle 8.1.6 Solaris

From: Pootie <pootie_at_england.com>
Date: 2000/07/28

In article <8jim8t$ipo$1_at_nnrp2.deja.com>,   cduplissey_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I cannot get WebDB 2.2 to install successfully on
> Solaris using an 8.1.6 database. Probably caused
> by tnsnames/listener incompatiblities.
>
> If you have installed successfully, I would
> appreciate instructions.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.
> ]

I had a similar problem with it on Linux. I couldn't get past the SYS password, TNS Alias screen.

What I did was go into the WEBDB $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin and manually edit the tnsname.ora file. I replaced <oracle_sid> with the actual sid and it finally installed.

Good luck, HTH

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Jul 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message