OAS and 'Internal Error'

From: Edwin Rudolph <stu12915_at_westga.edu>
Date: 2000/07/27

I have been trying to get OAS 4.0.8.1 and Oracle8i 8.1.6 running on a Linux box. I have placed OAS and Oracle in different home's, with different owners. Oracle, as far as I can tell, is functioning properly, as I am able to execute queries, etc. The trouble seems to be with OAS. I created a PL/SQL application and cartridge, successfully created a DAD
(as far as I can tell), restart OAS, and then try to execute the stored
procedure like so:

http://host:8080/testapp1/cart1/current_users

(BTW, this is from the PL/SQL toolkit tutorial in OAS docs)

And receive the error:

An application error has occured. Please try again.

I have checked the log file '/oas/ows/admin/website40/log/wrb.log' and see errors like:
'Broker' 6494 1 ... 'OWS-04764: Unable to bring up cartridge server, type testapp1, ...'

ANY suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

--
Edwin Rudolph
stu12915_at_westga.edu