Re: Metalink - anyone still work there?! Anybody else given horrible service?

From: <dejaisbogus_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/27

> Greg Strylewicz wrote in message <8lhrh4  $803e$1_at_nntp6.u.washington.edu>...
> >I've been trying for literally a month to register my CSI number
 using the
> >Metalink site - I constantly get refused - bad CSI number or
 country. I've
> >emailed Metalink a dozen times over the last month and have yet to
 receive
> >single acknowledgement.

 Is my experience unique or are other people
> >receiving this level of customer support?
> >
> >Greg

The level of 'support' in Metalink (once you get in - we had to create several different userid's before it finally 'recognized it') can be dreadful. I've seen Oracle analysts reply to a bug report (Bug #924671) on indexes on a 6-million row table that the workaround should be to 'perform a full table-scan'. On 6-million rows!

I've seen Metalink support arguments that you need a business case for Oracle to fix a join problem (bug #1176886) that returned bad data. I've seen arguments from support analysts that to_char of log(2, 4) = 1.999 instead of 2.0 really is not a bug.

I've seen a 'workaround' (Bug No. 728918 on indexes on joins) to be 'Do not use Index on table.'

The idea obviously is to close any TARs as quickly as possible on any pretext.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Jul 27 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message