Re: Problem using TOAD with Oracle8 Personal

From: Steve Chapman <schapman_at_quest.com>
Date: 2000/07/27

It looks like you have a TNS_ADMIN entry in your windows registry, pointing to HOME0. Is that true?

Try renaming it to TNS_ADMIN_BAK and load TOAD again.

If that doesn't work, from Server Login, click <SQL*Net Help> button to pull up that dialog, select each Oracle Home, and click the <Set as TOAD Home> button. TOAD will use that home and ignore the rest of the Oracle Multiple Home settings, once "Use the TOAD Home" is checked on the Server Login dialog. (TOAD Home is a feature of commercial TOAD, not freeware TOAD)

For further support of TOAD commercial, contact Quest Software at support_at_quest.com.

Thanks!

--
Steve Chapman
TOAD Development Team