Re: Integrating sql output with emails?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/07/26

[Quoted] <tim.ware_at_somerfield.co.uk> wrote in message news:8lmoqg$h47$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> Hi,
> I am looking into providing reports to end-users from an Oracle
> database on an exception basis.
>
> I want to be able to run various SQL statements overnight, and then
> automatically email the results of those reports to a number of users
> using Outlook/Exchange.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions as to how this might be best/most
> easily achieved? Does Oracle have any plug-ins for this purpose?
>
> Thanks in advance
>

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

You should be able to do this by

- writing a VB wrapper
- using OO4O in your VB program to run your queries
- using OLE call MAPI to send the results.
- compile to an exe and submit the lot through the AT or WinAT scheduler.
OO4O comes with any version of Oracle. It is also called Oracle Objects for OLE and it is a DAO/ODBC like recordset oriented interface

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Wed Jul 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message