Re: Export/Import/Transport a database

From: <vdragonz_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/26

[Quoted] I don't know what a catproc or catalog is in Oracle. I tried to copy [Quoted] the data using the 'copy' command... however, there's some problem in [Quoted] one of the table with 'float' datatype. However, it gives me an error of the following:

[Quoted] ORA-01727: numeric precision specifier is out of range (1 to 38)

I think this may be a problem caused a 'float' column of the table. However, I really dunno what happens and how I can fix it.

May you help? Thx a lot

Ray

  wildpony <z1wildpony_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> did you run catalog and catproc on the PC
> I have never run oracle on a Linux machine
> I have always been able to export from one unix machine (hp,sun,aix)
> over to another unix machine or nt server and never had any problems
> I would contact oracle support
> can you recreate your schema on the nt server and do a link between
 the
> 2 databases/servers and copy over the data
>
> vdragonz_at_my-deja.com wrote:
>
> > I want to copy the whole database, including the data to another
> > computer. The export dmp file size if about 90M. The oracle 816
 (data
> > source) is on Linux. The Oracle 815 (destination) is on PC. I
 don't
> > know why the file is invalid. it works if the dmp file is import
 back
> > to the same computer.
> >
> > my import command is:
> >
> > imp usr/pwd file=bkup.dmp buffer=64000 commit=Y fromuser=datasrc
> > touser=datadst
> >
> > is there anything wrong? do I have to do anything in the command to
> > specify that I'm importing from a different machine? is that any
 other
> > method to do the data transfer?
> >
> > thx for ur help
> >
> > Ray
> >
> > wildpony <z1wildpony_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > i can not verify if there is a difference in the exp/imp for
> > > 8.1.6
> > > are you just wanting to create the database schema or all the data
> > > and how much data are you trying to copy over and why are you
 going
> > > backwards
> > > from 8.1.5 to 8.1.6 and what os are you using
> > > the error that you received states that the header file is
 invalid or
> > > corrupt

 another
 machine.
 that
 in the
 However , it

 not
 exported
 on

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jul 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message