Re: Installation Problem

From: Frank <fbortel_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/07/26

romanos wrote:

> Hi to all out there.
> My name is Yiannis and i'm a postgraduate student.
> All my tries to install Developer 2000 together with Designer 2000 and
> Personal Oracle 7.3.4 were unsuccessful.
> I tried them on Windows NT Workstation , Windows 98B ,Windows 95B...same
> problems
> exception in msgv.dll(something like that) and kernel32.dll
> Is there something i should...is there any tip i should have in mind
>
> plz hlp me...
>
> thnx for your time and sorry for my english
Well,

it should work, but there are some problems known: I suppose you are installing version 1.3.2 of Designer/2000 and Developer/2000?
The installer that comes with the distribution CD's is not Y2K compliant (Don't laugh!).
Get the patched version (3.3.1.x, I believe). and use that for installing.

1 piece of advice: you seem to have a choice of W98 or NT - stick with NT, SP 3 or 5,
all other SPs stink...

hth, grtz, Frank
Sorry for my greek (none...) Received on Wed Jul 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message