Oratab & Sun Solaris HA

From: John McMahon <jmcmahon_at_irish-times.com>
Date: 2000/07/25

[Quoted] Hi folks,

A quick query on Oratab and running Sun Solaris HA for Oracle 8.1.5

We intend to install Oracle on two separate Sun E450s which will be part of the same cluster. Sun Solaris HA should pick up any fatal errors in the 'live' instance and switch control over to the failover 450 - our problem lies with the Oratab file. This is located on the local disk of the first E450 and, obviously, the failover box needs access to this.

Is it safe to copy the live instances oratab file to the second E450 or even change the location of said file so that it sits on the clustered disks ?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer,

J. Received on Tue Jul 25 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message