Re: OEM ClientManagementConsole Service Not Start!

From: Frank <fbortel_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/07/25

Steve wrote:

> After NT SP5, OEM is not working due to Client Mangement Console Service
> failing to start. The error is related to error 2140 -- 'NT internal
> error'.
>
> Anyone knows please help.
>
> If OEM not working, what is the alternative to have V8i to startup and
> shutdown on NT like Unix cronjob?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve
1st check the NT Event Manager to see what's missing. Could be a config file of some kind, that is created by the OEM Config Wizard. After that, and successfully starting the client management console services, create a repository. Then, log on to the console (sysman/ oem_temp, I believe).

2nd. Oracle services are still created by oradim. You either had a starter database created during installation, or you choose to create one by hand.
try 'oradim -help' to find out the syntax. Suppose your SID is ORCL. Your services would then be called OracleServiceORCL and OracleStartORCL. The latter, however, will only be created when '-startup auto' was specified on the oradim command line.
Make those start automatically (Control Panel, Services, select service, Startup... button, Automatic), or schedule an AT job: (cron for NT) and use 'net stop OracleStartORCL', followed by 'net stop OracleServiceORCL'. Then, backup (or whatever). The command 'net start OracleStartORCL' will startup the instance (it will start OracleServiceORCL) Received on Tue Jul 25 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message