Re: How to copy files between 2 Databases on different hosts

From: Bastiaan Schaap <bschaap_at_desyde.nl>
Date: 2000/07/25

Hi Wolfgang,

You could do what you described very well, you can create a stored procedure that will read a binary file from the filesystem, and simply inserts into a BLOB field in a table. Since you can create a database link between the databases you could write a stored procedure on one, that reads and then inserts on the other. I've done a similar thing without any problems. If you want to call the procedure on server A from server B, you would have to make another database link. Then simply call the procedure over the database link.

HTH, Bastiaan Schaap
Oracle web development,
Desyde BV - Baarn
http://www.desyde.nl/