WebDB: Popup LOV not working correctly

From: Brooks Vaughn <brooks_at_tidalwave.net>
Date: 2000/07/25

Thanks Jan,

I downloaded your patches and it provided me with a deeper understanding of what the POPUP problem is. It seems that certain WebDB form objects like Blank, Line, and a few other's when used on a form with a POPUP, do not generate an Element Number when it generates the web page. This causes a Javascript error and the popup does not close and return any result.

Workaround:

If you need to use a blank line in your form, Set the title to &nbsp, Set to TextBox, Set to not mandatory, and set to Do not update.

-Brooks Vaughn

Jan Z Grootveld wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Use the patches. No guarantee, but I think it will make a difference.
> This is typically one of the problems I experienced before debugging.
> If you use a form with an unstructured layout, I'm almost sure you'll get it
> to work after patching. Don't forget to regenerate your form.
>
> Furthermore, if possible, try using Internet Explorer starting from version
> 5.
>
> mvg
> Jan G

 VALUE="Close"
> > > onClick="self.close()"></FORM>');
> > >
> > > or the following in any of the Text Option Blocks <FORM><INPUT
 TYPE="button"
> > > NAME="Close_Access_Frm" VALUE="Close" onClick="self.close()"></FORM>
> > >
> > > then the Popup Menu no longer works.
> > >
> > > Any thoughts on adding a button to close the form without causing the
 Popups