JSP generating a messagebox

From: Mark Koorevaar <m.koorevaar_at_oravision.nl>
Date: 2000/07/21

I have succeeded to print a messagebox (<script language="javascript">

    waarde= return confirm("De update is voltooid"); </script>), but I want to put the return value (boolean) in a variabele so I can make an if statement in my JSP page like:

<%
if (waarde)
{
%>

<jsp:forward page="zoekformulier.jsp" /> <%
}
%>

The problem is I can't get the value in the variable ( When there is code put behind the script in the JSP page, the browser doesn't wait for a reaction by pressing the OK or CANCEL button, but proceeds with the rest of the JSP code).

I hope the question is understandable.

With kind regards,

Mark Received on Fri Jul 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message