Oracle Forms 4.5 - Entering Dates

From: <japs1_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/21

[Quoted] I have developed a form with a base table block that has various DATE fields.

I am trying to include some date validation within a "WHEN_VALIDATE_ITEM" trigger.

I have the date fields set with a format mask = 'dd/mm/rr', so the user is only required to enter a 2 digit year.

The problem is if the user enters a date with the year '99' eg. '1/9/99', forms is interpreting this as 2099 and not 1999.

I have tried altering the NLS_DATE_FORMAT within the users session by including the following statement in the WHEN_NEW_FORM_INSTANCE trigger.

FORMS_DDL('alter session set nls_date_format = ''dd/mm/rr''');

but this does not seem not have any effect on forms interpretation of the 2 digit year. ie. forms still thinks '99' = '2099'.

Has anyone got any ideas as i'm tearing my hair out with this one.

All help greatly appreciated.

Japs1.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Jul 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message