Quick start on WebDB

From: Alessandro Nazzani <alexnsb_at_tin.it>
Date: 2000/07/20

Hello all.

I am new to Oracle products, though I have been working in the past with Oracle/Rdb for OpenVMS (but this is a different beast :-)

Our company developed (and maintain) a bunch of "traditional" sites and my task is to turn them into "data-driven" sites using Oracle/WebDB.

My concern is that I have to deal with already existing HTML pages: I'd like to stay with the actual graphic layout (as far as possible) and "integrate" it with the basic functionalities that WebDB provides.

Is it possible? Can some expert out there suggest me the steps to accomplish this?

A more general question could be: does it make sense to develop HTML pages with the tools we use normally and import them into WebDB? (to avoid WebDB graphic limitations).

Thanks for your patience and support.

Alex

PS: our current platform is Oracle 8i for NT and WebDB 2.2.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Jul 20 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message