Re: Oracle DB Backup Procedure

From: Frank van Bortel <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl>
Date: 2000/07/20

Shut it down, and copy all files.
Unless you cannot, were other scenarios come into place, and your tons of doc...
Beware: your requirements dictate your backup scenario! ABove works fine when:

1) you have the time to shut it down
2) you have the space to copy to
3) you can afford the loss of work when restoring
4) you can afford the time restoring.

--
Kind Regards,
Frank